Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week #2: Capitalization

Week #2: Capitalization
This week I want to practice capitalization. Here are a few tips that should help you with this activity.
-You only capitalize a personal title when it is attached to the person's name. (Vice Principal Foley)
-You capitalize a name brand but not the generic product (Lays potato chips)
This activity is 3 bonus points. All you have to do is write the word I have underlined capitalized or lowercase. I have written all of them in lowercase, so as not to give away the answers.
1. I would never want to be a president, because it requires too much responsibility.
2. Did you hear father Daryl's homily this Sunday?
3. Everyone was glad to see her win governor.
4. Whenever I am hungry, I like to eat apples with Jif peanut butter.
5. Since he needs braces, he will go to doctor Wong.
6. One of the smartest teachers is professor Stone.
7. When the principal called me into her office, I panicked.
8. Some people will only buy Nike shoes, because they say they fit better than other shoes.
9. Paul Konerko is a White Sox baseball player with a pretty good hitting record right now.
10. Shawn knew he was going to get a ticket when officer Michaels pulled him over for speeding.
11. After serving in the army for five years, Joe ranked as a lieutenant.
12. I will never forget how sister Rose made misbehaving students stick their noses in a circle on the chalkboard.