Tuesday, June 20, 2017

WEEK#2- COMMAS
Read each sentence and put in the one comma that each sentence needs. If you need to brush up on your comma rules, here is a link to a site that might help https://www.grammarly.com/blog/comma/. This activity is worth .2 X 15= 3 bonus points. When you submit your answers, you may just type the word before and the comma. You do not need to retype the whole sentence.
1. When I graduate from high school I plan to go to college.
2. Yes that is a good idea.
3. Of course you will need good grades to get into the college of your choice.
4. Seeing that you are a good student I know you'll have no problem.
5. In addition your involvement in extracurricular activities is important.
6. I know that you played softball your freshmen year and you were also in the spring musicals.
7. If I get there I'd like to study oceanography.
8. Well you will have your work cut out for you.
9. I know that I will need to study, do tons of homework and attend all of my classes.
10. Indeed it won't be easy!
11. You will find, I'm sure that it is a competitive field.
12. Jack how about you?
13. I would like I think, to go to medical school.
14. Fortunately I've been studying hard all year.
15. You may not be accepted into your top choice but I know that you will find a college.