Monday, July 6, 2009

Week 4 - Italics and Quotations


We had the biggest number of participators so far. Thanks to the 29 who did last week's sentence type activity.



As for this week's, I must apologize for the delay in posting this week's activity. I am remodeling a room and the holiday interrupted my plans to jump online and post. Therefore, although it is a day late, here it is. This week, you will need to tell whether the underlined title needs to be italicized or put in quotes. Remember big works are italicized and little works are put in quotes. All together the activity is worth 2.4 points with each question being worth .2.



1. One of my favorite Pixar movies is Toy Story.

2. A cartoon that always makes me laugh is Tom and Jerry.

3. I've listened to the song Far Away by Nickelback at least a hundred times.

4. The painting Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte amazes me everytime I look at it.

5. In life, I try to live by the message of Robert Frost's poem The Road Not Taken.

6. Long chapters are common in the book The Shack with The Great Sadness being one of the longest.

7. With Michael Jackson's death, his most famous songs, like Thriller, will never be forgotten.

8. Whenever I hear or read the poem The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe, I think of Halloween.

9. At Christmas time, I love to laugh and watch the movie Elf with Will Ferrell.

10. Since Michael Buble is one of my favorite singers, I should want to buy his new album Live at Madison Square Garden but I'm not since all of the songs I already own.

11. As a child and an adult, I like the song You are my Sunshine.

12. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be on the TV show The Love Boat, because I always wanted to take a cruise.



Good luck!