Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 7 Homophones


This week's challenge is homophones. Which word correctly completes each sentence. This activity is worth .2X12= 2.4 bonus points.
1.I'm not sure which (pair / pear) of shoes to wear for the wedding.
2. Do you know why she has (scene / seen) that movie five times?
3. If you (wait / weight) ten minutes, I'll go with you.
4. Be careful when driving in wooded areas because you could hit a (dear / deer).
5. Sometimes I can't (here / hear) people when they call me on their cellphones.
6. That (meet / meat) will spoil if you leave it out too long.
7. When you (sea / see) the second gas station, turn left at the next stop sign.
8. With my (fair / fare) skin, I have to be careful in the sun or I'll burn.
9. During the summer, many people walk around in (bear / bare) feet.
10. It was such a disappointment when my pen wouldn't (write / right) and Tom Welling was just about to give me an autograph.
11. (Where / Wear) your most comfortable clothes during the long car ride.
12. You have just finished the (whole / hole) bonus activity for Week 7.